Monday, January 4, 2016

Lego Heads and Tiny Knits...


 Finished the Christmas gifts for my 3 younger brothers. Incredibly happy with how it all turned out, especially since I had problems with the lego jars. 

The lego jars are recycled baby food jars. I used Liquitex paint and dishwasher safe mod podge. I used dishwasher safe since I figured Mom would appreciate easy clean up. The issues I had arose from the combination of the paint and mod podge the don't work well together. I had to be careful with the first layer of mod podge over the details or it would smear it. 

 On the inside layers I had the issue of it bubbling after putting mod podge in it. I eventually discovered it took carefully adding the layers. I would put a layer of paint, let it dry a day, then a layer on mod podge, let it dry a day, and continued until I had four layers of paint. Sealed it with three layers of mod podge after that.


 Ladies

 Expressions

 Pirates

 Guys with Beards

 Chiseled face



 Asian warriors, the young one has a braid on the back of the jar.


Painted war face


Tiny knit sets for each of the brothers.




No comments:

Post a Comment